Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tore down engine, diagnosis......................



I finally got my engine out and apart after Bonneville. It's dead. Diagnosis......broken crankshaft. Crank pin let go right through oil passage. At the time I thought maybe just the bearing on the drive side of the crank let go because engine was still running. Bearing was OK. Timing side flywheel was being forced to turn, opening valves and turning distributor. Rod still moves freely on broken pin. I also lost a circlip and the wrist pin was up against cylinder. Sleeve job had a short life. Bottom end was together for three years, held together for lots of runs. Bike ran great and went faster than ever before. Set a record. Gave it's all. Very proud of machine. Now I just have to fix it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment